Radio Frequency (RF) with Microneedling takes all the things we love about microneedling and adds the benefit of Radiofrequency heat energy. To learn more about the advantages of Microneedling alone, please check out our page for Microneedling here.
For a summarized version, we are using fine, sterile needles to create micro-wounds to the skin. These injuries cause your body to begin healing itself, resulting in newer, stronger, and better collagen production. Now we can make this treatment even more amazing by adding radiofrequency (RF).
Benefits of Microneedling with Radiofrequency
When we add RF to your treatment, we are delivering thermal energy deep into the dermis. Heat energy at that level causes a “thermal injury,” resulting in dramatic skin tightening over a series of treatments.
Sterile microneedles create a microscopic would in the dermis. RF energy is delivered in a controlled dose through the microneedle. The RF energy heats the dermis and enhances natural wound healing. Over a series of 3-5 treatments, the skin becomes smoother, firmer, tighter skin for a longer-lasting result.
Does microneedling with RF hurt?
Patients may experience mild discomfort during treatment. Our approach is to apply a topical numbing cream to the treatment area to make the procedure more tolerable. Additionally, patients can also add-on ProNox nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to any treatment to feel more relaxed.
Is there any downtime with RF Microneedling?
You will be glad to know; there is little to no downtime for this procedure. Patients may be a bit red or swollen once they leave the office, as this procedure is introducing heat at the dermal level and encouraging increased blood flow to the area. Most of these symptoms will subside within a few days.
Why Microneedling with Radio Frequency (RF) at Village Dermatology?
We have invested in one of the best FR Microneedling devices on the market. The device we use here is PiXel8 from Rohrer Aesthetics. The PiXel8 has several advantages to it, including:
- Bi-polar Radiofrequency
- This allows us. To penetrate into the skin layers and safely deliver heat to stimulate a healing response.
- Optimal and uniform controlled RF energy is delivered to target areas
- Due to the construction of the PiXel8, we can uniformly deliver heat to the area we target. This prevents energy interference, which results when energy is in close distance and is overlapped.
- Less pain and fast recovery
- Options available to make the treatment more tolerable if needed.
- Precise and safe
- PiXel8 is safe for all skin types. This is a major advantage and can be safely performed.
- Because PiXel8 can be precisely controlled, the RF heat as well as needle depth are adjustable and explicitly tailored to the location being treated for each individual patient.
Last but not least
PiXel8 can be used as a complement to other procedures we offer, such as:
- Dermal fillers,
- Laser skin resurfacing
- The treatment can also be combined with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) for enhanced healing and accelerated collagen production.